CSWIP 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector
CSWIP 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector (Mandarin)
CSWIP 3.0 Plus – Visual Welding Inspector with Practical Module
CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector
CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector (Mandarin)
CSWIP 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector
CSWIP 3.1 – Welding Inspector PLUS Theory Pre-course eLearning Package
CSWIP 3.2 – Senior Welding Inspector PLUS Theory Pre-course eLearning
- To understand factors which influence the quality of fusion welds in steels.
- To recognize characteristics of commonly used welding processes in relation to quality control.
- To interpret drawing instructions and symbols to ensure that specifications are met.
- To set up and report on the inspection of welds, macro sections and other mechanical tests.
- To assess and report on welds to acceptance levels
- To confirm that incoming material meets stipulated requirements and recognize the effects on weld quality of departure from the specification.
- To be in a position to pass the Welding Inspector – Level 2 examinations
Additional Information: CSWIP Welding Inspector examination – All candidates must attend a CSWIP approved course of training prior to examination. Enrolment on this course does not constitute reservation of an examination. All courses may be followed by a CSWIP Welding Inspector examination for candidates with appropriate experience as specified in CSWIP document WI-6-92. All CSWIP documents are available at www.cswip.com.
- Welding Inspector for a minimum of 3 years with experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed in Clause 1.2.2 of CSWIP document WI-6-92, under qualified supervision, independently verified or;
- Certified Visual Welding Inspector (Level 1) for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 or;
- Welding Instructor or Welding Foreman/Supervisor for a minimum of 5 years.
In addition to all the above, candidates must comply with Clause 1.3.4 of document WI-6-92 available at www.cswip.com
Experience will need to be verified by either your previous/present employer/company.
- CSWIP 3.2 – Senior Welding Inspector – Level 3
- Radiographic Interpretation (RI) of Welds
- BGAS-CSWIP Painting Inspector – Grade 2
- BGAS-CSWIP Painting Inspector – Grade 1
- BGAS-CSWIP Site Coatings Inspector
- CSWIP Certification of Personnel Reviewing Welding Procedures to ASME IX
- EWF/IIW Diploma – Specialist Level