The Dropped Object Prevention Programme, (DOPP). It is designed to minimise the number of dropped object incidents that can occur on oil and gas projects.
Stage one – A Rig Specific Dropped Object Evaluation Health Check
- Provide a specialist to visit the rig and provide a full evaluation
- This information will be used to create a specific dropped object awareness programme
- A summary will be sent to the rig management team
Stage Two – A Rig Specific Dropped Object Awareness Training Programme
- An awareness training programme will be arranged for key personnel on board
- Ensures crew are aware of their surroundings and possible hazards
- A half day programme
Stage Three – A Tablet Based Dropped Object Application
- A full inventory of all equipment located in specific rig zones
- Full management of inspection and corrective actions
- Easy to use step by step guidance
- Inspection will be automatically linked to the OES Certrack/Dropstrack Reporting System
- Allows crew inspections, corrective actions, monitor inspection frequency and the ability to view any items missed during each inspection.
- OES will also perform third party initial inspection using this application.
- During OES inspections all equipment will be tagged, inventories created and corrective actions closed out
- Annual review by the OES team
Stage 4 – Handover of Rig Specific Tablet Application
- Tablets handed over to rig team
ELearning Awareness Training package – for employees and sub-contractors
- An Annual ELearning training programme to ensure that all personnel are aware of the dangers and consequences of Potential Dropped Objects, how to prevent them, industry best practices and recommended guidelines