OHSAS 45001 Lead Auditor Course (IRCA Approved)
The essential objective of this course is to refresh and/or review the structure & basic requirements of OHSAS 45001 & enable the delegates to plan & conduct the third party external audits. The training program will also provide both technical knowledge and practical skills essential to become competent Lead Auditor.
This course is approved by the IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors, London) registration governing board and satisfies part of the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under the IRCA OHSMS Auditors/Lead Auditor Registration Scheme.
The course is highly interactive, not only with reference to answering queries, but also sharing the experience gathered through regular audits & working experience in the industry. The course includes series of lectures with individual/syndicate/role play exercises for better learning.
Who should attend?
- Those who require detailed knowledge of OHSMS Auditing Process
- Those managing internal OHSMS Audit within their organization
- Those who wish to become registered OHSMS Lead Auditor with IRCA, London, U.K
- Those who wish to and are responsible to implement OHMS based on ISO 45001 requirements, in the organization
- Existing OHSMS internal auditors who wish to expand their auditing skills
- Course Introduction
- OHSMS Auditor certification & IRCA Registration Scheme
- Overview of OHSAS 45001, planning & Implementing an OHSMS
- Introduction to OHSMS Auditing & Certification process
- Audit Planning
- Audit Techniques
- International Agreement & OH & S Legislation
- Audit Protocol
- Recording & Reporting Non Conformities
- Evaluating the Audit Findings
- Audit Reports & Records
- Corrective Action & Audit Close out process
- Audit follow-up & surveillance reporting
- Continuous Assessment exercises & feedback
- Syndicate & role play exercises & feedback
- Written Examination
This training provides input on the OHSAS 145001 standard, its interpretation to organizations relevance. At the end of the training a clear picture emerges which facilitates to plan for implementation, identification of applicable legislation.
Purpose & Outcome
The purpose of this Occupational Health and Safety Management Awareness course is to provide the delegates the necessary inputs in terms of sufficient knowledge and details to enable them to implement this system in their organization.
By the end of the course the delegates would be able to :
- Understand the importance of the OHSAS systems for their organization
- Implement the OHSAS system in their organizations including its integration with existing management systems.
- Be able to conduct general awareness training for their staff on OHSAS systems.
- Commence the process of obtaining certification for the OHSAS systems
The facilitation provided during regular visits of DASH counselors creates the necessary documentation for effective and easy implementation of the system. It is the expertise that the specialists carry which makes the implementation team to properly and clearly prepare the documentation, which is the backbone for a successful implementation.
Internal Auditor Training
This 2 day training provides necessary inputs for the practitioners to get trained to audit the safety and health management system. The examples and the situations drawn for easy appreciation of the requirements are very useful for the auditors to understand the entire concept more from the effectiveness angle.
Lead Auditor Training
This intensive and exhaustive Auditor/Lead Auditor Training is intended to provide inputs in addition to conduct of audits as to how to plan and organize internal as well as external audits.T his training built on real case studies and group work provides a lot of information on the effective auditing, audit reporting and verification of system and audit effectiveness. The auditors who are trained in this course become a useful tool to make the system strong and efficient in meeting organizations safety and health objectives.
About OHSAS 45001
The OHSAS 45001 is the international Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard. These standards are applicable to companies of any size but are especially relevant to companies with a large work force, manual and heavy work tasks, and/or high-risk work environments. Targeting the health and safety of employees proves that you are actively working to ensure that your operations are safe both for your employees and the surrounding environment.
OHSAS 45001 has been developed in compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 to allow easy integration. Legislative and regulatory commitment and continual improvement are two important aspects of OHSAS 45001.
OHSAS 45001 certification is offered to companies with a large work force involving manual and heavy work tasks, and/ or high-risk work environments. The certification defines the health and labor protection system of an organization as specified by internationally accredited certification bodies.
The Elements Of OHSAS 45001 Include
- Policy and commitment
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk controls
- Legal requirements
- Objectives and programs
- Organization and personnel
- Training, communication and consultation
- Documentation and records
- Operational controls
- Emergency Readiness
- Measurement and monitoring
- Accident & incident investigation, corrective & preventive action
- Audit & review
Benefits of implementing OHSAS 45001
- Reducing the number of personnel injuries through prevention and control of workplace hazards.
- Reducing the risk of major accidents.
- Ensuring a well-qualified and enthusiastic workforce by the fulfillment of the increasing expectations of your employees.
- Reducing the material loss caused by accidents and in production interruptions.
- Reducing insurance costs as well as reducing costs due to the absence of employees.
Our OHSAS 45001 certification is offered to companies with a large work force involving manual and heavy work tasks, and/ or high-risk work environments. The certification defines the health and labor protection system of an organization as specified by internationally accredited certification bodies.
The OHSAS 45001 certification offered by us confirm that the organization is pro actively protecting the health and safety of its employees and stakeholders. We can integrate this certification with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for environmental management systems.
- Reduces accidents and interruptions in production by assuring better control over hazards at the workplace.
- Focus on employee safety.
- Legal compliance with minimal administrative effort.
- Improves company image and boosts international competitiveness.
- Demonstrates an innovative and forward-thinking approach.
- Reduction in insurance costs.