This course will be highly interactive and include group discussions, videos, case studies and syndicate work.
BIA and BCP Plan Templates will be applied during the course and given for use after the course. Supporting information, such as the Main Events List (MEL) for Exercise planning and BC Steering Committee – Terms of Reference (ToR) will also be made available.
It includes specific templates for carrying-out a Business Impact Analysis (BIA), completion of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and completion of a Business Continuity (BC) Exercise that participants will be able to take away for use in their own organizations.
Course ObjectivesBy the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the approach for establishing an operational Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) aligned to the UAE NCEMA 7000-2015, Business Continuity Institute (BCI) Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) 2013 and ISO 22301-2012 Societal Security; Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) requirements
- Identify components and best practices of a successful BCM Program, specifically its policy, strategy and supporting tools
- Understand the components for an effective Business Impact Analysis (BIA) that is able to meet strategic, tactical and operational requirements of an organization
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and delivery of a Business Continuity (BC) exercise
- Develop requirements for an auditable Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) to comply with UAE NCEMA 7000-2015
Business Continuity, Quality, Audit and IT professionals such as Business Continuity Manager (BCM), Business Continuity Coordinator (BCC), Crisis Manager (CM), IT Disaster Recovery (DR) Manager or anyone with the responsibility for, or involvement with Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and/or Technology and Auditing of Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Business Continuity Management
- Risk Management
- Contingency Planning
- Internal & External Audit
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Organizational Resilience
- How does Business Continuity provide value to an organization?
- Definition and ingredients of organizational resilience
- UAE NCEMA 7000-2012
- Business Continuity Institute (BCI) Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) 2013
- ISO 22301-2012 Societal Security; Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) requirements
- BCM Program, Policy, Strategy and Tools
- Implementing a BCM program, and its leadership
- The BC Policy requirements
- The BC strategy – how and depth?
- Contingency and standby
- Understanding stakeholders
- Legislation's, regulations and standards
- Embedding Business Continuity
- Training needs analysis, skills and competency framework
- Why do we need a Competency Framework?
- Developing a Competency Framework
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Types of BIA
- Implementation methods for BIA and Risk Assessment (RA)
- Types of BIA
- Developing and implementing a Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Ownership and plan structure
- Roles and responsibilities of BC Champion and Team Leaders
- Delivering a Business Continuity Exercise
- Types of testing/exercising
- Key components for delivery of an auditable exercise
- Maintenance of the BCMS
- What is the function of an audit?
- BCM Steering Committee and Terms of Reference (ToR’s)
- Overriding management review and continuous improvement