Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI,COC,PVOC,SASO,SCoC,SALEEM,SABER,COI,ICIGI,)
DASH provides pre-shipment inspection (PSI,COC,PVOC,SASO,SCoC,SALEEM,SABER,COI,ICIGI,) services to governments as a way of protecting import revenues for themselves and their citizens.
Governments implement PSI programmes to ensure that imports comply with their regulations. Non-compliance with these regulations can result in:
- The loss of valuable duty and tax revenue
- The loss of foreign exchange reserves (in countries where exchange controls exist)
- The potential importation of substandard or prohibited goods
How It Works
- A physical inspection of goods is carried out in the country of export pre-shipping, establishing the exact nature of the goods.
- The invoice and other documents are then scrutinised and an accurate valuation, and customs tariff code, are assigned. These are used, in conjunction with, the client country's published duty rates, to calculate the correct duties and taxes payable.
- A DASH certificate is then issued to the importer. This is used to substantiate the payment of full duty, prior to clearing the goods.
- The actual duty collected is compared with the DASH certificates, and any shortages can be investigated and corrected.
DASH Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI) maximises duty collections. By undertaking duty assessment in the country of export, importers have no opportunity to pressurize customs to assign lower rates.
Compliance with the World Trade Organisation (WTO) Agreement on Customs Valuation is now mandatory for all members. Without DASH PSI, countries introducing the Agreement invariably experience a reduction in revenue collections. DASH ensures that the Agreement is fully implemented as required by the WTO, and in a way that maintains duty revenue collections.
Trade facilitation: inefficient Customs administrations and the failure of importers to comply with import procedures can both delay trade. DASH certificate ensures rapid Customs clearance, by undertaking the necessary physical and documentary inspections before the consignment is dispatched.
DASH PSI deters capital flight in countries where exchange controls exist by preventing deliberately inflated invoicing. This can deplete foreign exchange reserves, which can also reduce the taxable income declared by multinational companies.
DASH PSI significantly reduces the incidence of illegal imports, such as radioactive waste, by inspecting shipments in the country of export before dispatch.
As a PSI programme takes effect, so a vast database of vital trade information is created, which can be supplied to the Client Government in a variety of formats, as an aid to economic decision making and to induce confidence in donors
Below is list of all the Preshipment items But not limited to Dash can provide worldwide services .
|A||FOOD STUFF||37||RECORDERS AND RADIOS|
|1||WHEAT GRAIN||38||ELECTRICAL SWICHIES AND SOCKET|
|2||WHEAT FLOUR||39||ELECTRICAL CONECTORS WITH CABLEES OUTLET|
|3||SUGARS ALL KINDS||40||WIRES AND CABLE|
|4||POWDER MILK||F||TEXTILE AND TEXTILE PRODUCTS|
|10||TOMATO PASTE AND CONCENTRATES||45||FEED ADDITIVES|
|B||CHEMICALS GOODS||Rice, grains, beans, soybeans, lentils, coffee, tea, etc|
|12||ALL TYPE of OIL for VEHICLES||J||Animal feed,|
|13||GREASES for VEHICLES||meals, cakes, pellets and various derivatives|
|15||PAINTS||Coal, ores, bauxite, Cu, Zinc, Bitumen minerals etc|
|17||FERTILIZERS||metal scrap, plastic, wastepaper, Equipment, Plant, machinery, Instruments etc|
|18||PESTICIDES, FUNGICIDES, HERPICITES|
|C||CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS||M||PETROLEUM AND PETROLEUM PRODUCTS|
|20||IRONS||G||Loading and discharging of seagoing vessels|
|22||PLUMBING MATERIAL||E||ELECTRIC AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT|
|23||ASPHALT||31||FANS OF ALL KINDS|
|25||PORCELAIN||33||COMPUTERS AND THEIR ACCESSORIES|
|D||CARS AND THEIR ACCESSORIES||35||WASHERS|
|27||GENERAL SPECIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS||36||IRONS|
|28||CARS OF DIFFERENT TYPES|
DASH runs a series of verification of conformity programmes. Each is designed to ensure that the quality and safety regulations of an importing country are met, thereby protecting consumers and the environment while at the same time building a business’s reputation.
Our commitment to our clients is clear. We issue a Certificate of Conformity (COC) as quickly as possible to guarantee the quality and safety of a shipment, and ensure its smooth clearance through customs.
We assess conformity before a shipment sets sail, from diligent verification of documentation and sample collection for laboratory analysis to physical inspections of goods.
Our teams are on the ground, ready and able to guide a client through local procedures, quickly, accurately and with maximum efficiency.
Once conformity is established, we issue the Certificate of Conformity mandated by the government of the importing country. This certificate prevents the shipment from being rejected and allows importers to clear their goods.
LIST OF PROGRAMMES
DR of Congo
Tanzania / Zanzibar
Our programmes provide numerous advantages for both Governments as well as exporters and importers.
For Governments, we help to:
- Eliminate customs bottlenecks in importing country
- Reduce storage issues at ports
- Guarantee all imported products are compliant with international and local standards
- Reinforce consumer safety
- Build local customs competencies through training and capacity building programmes
- Ensure conformity with WTO Technical Barriers to Trade agreement
For Exporters / Importers, we help to:
- Provide faster customs clearance
- Reduce need for local laboratory analysis or additional testing
- Offer better consumer protection against dangerous, substandard or counterfeit products
- Protect local industry from unfair competition due to poor quality imports
Request a Certification
To learn more about our verification of conformity programmes, or to request a Certificate of Conformity (COC) for your shipment, please download our VOC contact list mentioned above.
Please note that to receive a quote you will need to have at least the following export documents ready:
- Request for Certification – RFC (available above)
- Pro forma or commercial invoice
Please note that all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Need help or have a question?